The Center for Transportation & Logistics has over 10 years of
Green vehicle assignment using Geospatial Analysis and Machine Learning algorithms
The motivation to provide convenience to consumers has led companies to offer faster delivery times.
Green fleet policy for last mile using machine learning.
Improving driving factors for fuel and CO2 emission reductions
High resolution, fuel-based vehicle routing problem using GPS tracking
How do certain vehicles perform on the given road & environmental conditions?
The objective of this project is to recognize what type of patterns or characteristics within different regions can explain the variability of CO2 emissions within regions.
Implementing Public Policy in Urban Design to reduce urban CO2 emissions.
Route Clustering in Transportation with Geospatial Analysis and Machine Learning to Reduce CO2 Emissions. The transportation sector is a significant contributor to greenhouse gas emissions.
“Would You Be Willing to Wait?”: The growing trend of e-commerce has led to new ways of selling and delivering products, resulting in increasing scale and complexity of last mile home delivery.
Publications & Reports
Tanco, M., Escuder, M., Heckmann, G., Jurburg, D., Velázquez-Martínez, J.C. (2018). The impact of Latin American research in Supply Chain Management: Challenges for the region. Supply Chain Management: an International Journal. Accepted for publication.
- Yoshizaki. H.T.Y., Velázquez-Martínez, J.C., Mejia-Argueta, C. (2018). Supply Chain Management and Logistics in Latin America: A Multi-Country Perspective. Emerald Publishing.
- WWF. Transport Science-Based Target Setting Guidance. Greene, S. (Ed.). 2018.
- Greene, S. What are we missing? Scope 3 Greenhouse Gas Emissions Accounting in the Metals and Minerals Industry. Matériaux & Techniques 105, 503. 2017.
- Greene, S. Black Carbon Methodology for the Logistics Sector. Global Green Freight Project. 2017.
- Greene, S. and Lewis, A. A Harmonized Approach for Calculating Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Freight Transportation. Environmental Management. 2016.
- Greene, S. and Lewis, A. Global Logistics Emissions Council (GLEC) Framework for Logistics Emissions Methodologies. Smart Freight Centre. 2016.
- Leenders, B.P.J., Velázquez-Martínez, J.C., Fransoo, J.C. (2017) Emissions Allocation in Transportation Routes. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment.
- Sheffi, Y. and Blanco, E.E. (2016) Green Logistics. In Sustainable Supply Chains. Edited by Y. Bouchery, T. Tan., J. Fransoo, & C. Corbett. Springer.
- Velázquez-Martínez, J.C., Fransoo, J.C.,Blanco, E.E., Valenzuela-Ocaña, K. (2016) A New Statistical Method of Assigning Vehicles to Delivery Areas for CO2Emissions Reduction. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment.
- Velázquez-Martínez, J.C., Fransoo. J.C. (2016) Green Facility Location. In Sustainable Supply Chains. Edited by Y. Bouchery, T. Tan., J. Fransoo, & C. Corbett. Springer.
- Velázquez-Martínez, J.C., Blanco, E.E., Fransoo, J. C., Mora-Vargas, J. (2015) Transportation Cost and CO2 Emissions in Location Decision Models. Beta Research School for Operations Management and Logistics/ TU/e. Working Paper series 451.
- Muñoz-Villamizar, A., Montoya-Torres, J.R., Faulin, J. (2017) Impact of the use of electric vehicles in collaborative urban transport networks: A case study
- Muñoz-Villamizar, A., Santos, J., Viles, E., Ormazábal, M. (2018) Manufacturing and environmental practices in the Spanish context. Journal of Cleaner Production.
- Gámez-Pérez, Karla M., Pilar Arroyo-López, and Christopher R. Cherry. “Defining a Primary Market for Bikesharing Programs: A Study of Habits and Usage Intentions in León, Mexico.” Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board.